So the last time I was pregnant, I heavily debated with myself on banking boo’s umbilical cord. Alas, I decided against it because the things it cures like blood cancer, metabolism diseases, brain injuries, etc. didn’t really run in the family. Well recently one of my close relatives was diagnosed with non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma – which is a blood cancer for all of you who don’t know (I didn’t!). So now I’m struggling with the should I, shouldn’t I, in banking this little one’s cord. I feel like in the long run, really how much is $2K if it’s saving my child’s life! And of course, the clincher – I’m at 34 weeks… only 6 weeks, God willing, to go. So if I’m going to make a decision, I need to make it quick.
I recently inquired about additional information from www.cordblood.net and they sent me the informational packet, which you can read about here. I’ll let you know what I decide, but as of right now I think I’m 95% sure I’m going to do it. The husband is on board (I think) – so I’m just going to talk to my doctor about it next week, and we’ll see what he says.